Training & Assessment
Assessment and Course Delivery
- Cost $380.00 (without CITB eligible worker ID Number)
- Cost $250.00 (with CITB eligible worker ID Number)
- 1 day face to face for current holders of Work Zone Traffic Management Card
- Current Work Zone Traffic Management Card must be shown prior to commencing and a declaration of experience
- Assessment is both theory and practical
- Courses are run on demand at our site at 336 Diment Road, Burton SA 5110
- Cost $280.00 (without CITB eligible worker ID Number)
- Cost $150.00 (with CITB eligible worker ID Number)
Cost per participant includes learning materials, assessment materials (theory & practical) and issue of the statement of attainment. Tea, coffee and water are provided.
To find out if you are eligible for CITB funding please contact the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) on (08) 8172 9500.
Work Zone Traffic Management involves the management of traffic flow through and around road work sites, major events and areas where there is a disruption to the flow of traffic or hazard. In South Australia the Department of Planning Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) govern the undertaking of Work Zone Traffic Management.
On successful completion of this course participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for RIIWHS205E Control traffic with stop-slow bat and RIIWHS302E Implement traffic management plans. In addition DPTI issue a Work Zone Traffic Management Card for SA, which is valid for three years after which you will be required to undertake a refresher course every three years. This is a nationally recognised unit of competency.
- Plan and prepare to implement traffic management plan
- Set out the traffic guidance scheme
- Control traffic
- Operate communication devices
- Monitor traffic guidance scheme
- Close down guidance scheme
- Clean up
- Students must be able to speak, read and understand basic English to communicate to a safe level.
- Students must wear personal protective equipment while attending the course including long sleeve shirt, steel capped boots and long trousers.
- Students must provide photo identification upon enrolment in the course (e.g. driver’s licence; passport or proof of age card).
- Students must have a unique student identifier (USI) to obtain their nationally accredited certificate or qualification. To apply for a USI go to www.usi.gov.au.
- If you have any concerns re literacy please advise our staff at first point of contact.