Training & Assessment
Assessment and Course Delivery
No Experience Required
- Assessment is theory and oral with classroom interaction and also includes a construction site audit: 1-day face to face in small groups
- Courses are run on demand at our site at 336 Diment Road, Burton SA 5110
Cost per participant includes learning materials, assessment materials (theory & practical) and issue of the statement of attainment and white card. Tea, coffee and water are provided.
To find out if you are eligible for CITB funding please contact the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) on (08) 8172 9500.
Under WHS legislation, workers on construction sites in Australia must undertake general induction or “white card training” and carry evidence when working on a construction site. This training provides participants with a common understanding of WHS principles and practices used on generic building, construction and civil sites.
On successful completion participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry and a wallet size plastic white photographic ID Card.
- Identify and understand roles, responsibilities and rights of duty holders
- Understand WHS communication and reporting processes
- Apply the principles of risk management
- Identify common hazards and control measures
- Interpret and apply safety information and documentation
- Use safe work practices and correctly identify and fit Personal Protective Equipment including eye and ear protection, hardhat and high visibility reflective vest
- Respond to WHS incidents
- Students must be 18 years of age and be able to speak and understand basic English to communicate to a level in order to perform their duties safely.
- Students must wear a long sleeve shirt, steel capped boots and long trousers while attending the course.
- Students must provide photo identification upon enrolment in the course (e.g. driver’s licence; passport or proof of age card).
- Students must have a unique student identifier (USI) to obtain their nationally accredited certificate or qualification. To apply for a USI go to www.usi.gov.au.