Training & Assessment
Assessment and Course Delivery
- Assessment is both theory and practical up to 40 hours: note small group course
- This unit is competency based e.g. logbook and or declaration of experience is encouraged
- Courses can be conducted at our training facility at Burton or alternatively on your work site
- Cost $600.00 (without CITB eligible worker ID Number)
- Cost $260.00 (with CITB eligible worker ID Number)
Cost per participant includes learning materials, assessment materials (theory & practical) and issue of the statement of attainment. Tea, coffee and water are provided.
To find out if you are eligible for CITB funding please contact the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) on (08) 8172 9500.
Provide participants with the skills and knowledge to lay pipes in the civil construction industry.
On successful completion participants will be issued with a wallet sized card and Statement of Attainment – RIICRC208E Lay pipes. This is a module from the RII30820 – Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations.
- Plan and prepare to lay pipes, read and interpret, clarify and confirm work requirements
- Set out excavations and mark. Advise plant operator of excavation requirements
- Install bedding materials: Determine bedding material type and specification from plans and drawings. Lay and compact bedding materials to specified depths and grades
- Lay pipe, select check and attach lifting apparatus to the pipe in preparation for lifting and installation for pipe joining. Prepare and specify pipe ends, align pipe ends and push home. Check pipes for line and level. Advise plant operator of backfilling requirements and backfill and compact pipe to required finish
- Clean up, maintain and store equipment
- Students must be 18 years of age and able to speak, read and understand basic English to communicate to a safe level.
- Students must provide photo identification upon enrolment in the course (e.g. driver’s licence; passport or proof of age card).
- Students must wear personal protective equipment while attending the course including long sleeve shirt, steel capped boots and long trousers.
- Red Earth Training Solutions will supply high vis vest if required.
- Students must have a unique student identifier (USI) to obtain their nationally accredited certificate or qualification. To apply for a USI go to www.usi.gov.au.
- If you have any concerns re literacy please advise our staff at first point of contact.