Training & Assessment
Assessment and Course Delivery
- Assessment is both theory and practical: 1-day face to face (10 hrs)
- Declaration of experience or logbook are encouraged demonstrating hours of experience
- Courses are run on demand at our site at 336 Diment Road, Burton SA 5110
- Cost $360.00 (without CITB eligible worker ID Number)
- Cost $160.00 (with CITB eligible worker ID Number)
Cost per participant includes learning materials, assessment materials (theory & practical) and issue of the statement of attainment. Tea, coffee and water are provided.
To find out if you are eligible for CITB funding please contact the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) on (08) 8172 9500.
Excavation work generally means work involving the removal of soil or rock from a site to form an open face, hole or cavity using tools, machinery or explosives. A person conducting a business or undertaking must manage risks associated with all kinds of excavations at the workplace no matter how deep. Under WHS regulations 2011, installation of trench support in trenches deeper than 1.5 metres is mandatory. This course provides participants with the skills and knowledge to undertake the installation of trench support in a variety of soil conditions and locations within the civil construction industry.
On successful completion participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for RIICCM210D Install trench support and a wallet sized card.
- Plan work for installing trench support, identify hazards and risks
- Install trench shoring, prepare shoring method and set out positioning of shoring
- Remove trench shoring, release jacking mechanism and remove ladders
- Conduct housekeeping activities, clear work area, report and manage hazards
- Students must be 18 years of age, be able to speak and understand basic English to communicate to a level in order to perform their duties safely.
- Students must wear personal protective equipment while attending the course including long sleeve shirt, steel capped boots and long trousers.
- Students must have a unique student identifier (USI) to obtain their nationally accredited certificate or qualification. To apply for a USI go to www.usi.gov.au.
- Students are required to read the learning materials prior to attending the course.
- If you have any concerns re literacy please advise our staff at first point of contact.