Training & Assessment
Assessment and Course Delivery
- Cost $380.00 (without CITB eligible worker ID Number)
- Cost $120.00 (with CITB eligible worker ID Number)
- 1 day face to face for experienced operators only
- A declaration of experience or logbook must be submitted demonstrating hours of experience
- Assessment is both theory and practical
- Courses are run on demand at our site at 336 Diment Road, Burton SA 5110
- Cost $300.00 (without CITB eligible worker ID Number)
- Cost $170.00 (with CITB eligible worker ID Number)
Cost per participant includes learning materials, assessment materials (theory & practical) and issue of the statement of attainment. Tea, coffee and water are provided.
To find out if you are eligible for CITB funding please contact the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) on (08) 8172 9500.
To provide participants with the skills and knowledge to conduct maintenance, correct preparation and conduct safe handheld chainsaw operation.
On successful completion of this course participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for AHCMOM213 Operate and maintain chainsaws and a wallet size card. This is a nationally recognised unit of competency.
- Assist in preparation of work site, identify site hazards and assess risks
- Recognise and apply workplace safety procedures, select fit and use personal protection equipment according to workplace safety procedures
- Check and prepare chainsaw for use, select tools and material for maintenance. Conduct routine checks and maintenance prior to operation
- Operate chainsaw, communicate with team members. Select and use tools associated with chainsaw use
- Complete and check chainsaw operation, record and report chainsaw damage, malfunction and irregular performance. Clean and store chainsaw. Maintain workplace documentation
- Students must be able to speak, read and understand basic English to communicate to a safe level.
- Students must wear personal protective equipment while attending the course including long sleeve shirt, steel capped boots and long trousers.
- Students must provide photo identification upon enrolment in the course (e.g. driver’s licence; passport or proof of age card).
- Red Earth Training Solutions will supply high vis vest, chainsaw chaps, hard hat, visor / safety glasses, ear muffs, chainsaw & fuel and sharpening files.
- Students must have a unique student identifier (USI) to obtain their nationally accredited certificate or qualification. To apply for a USI go to www.usi.gov.au.
- Students are required to read the learning materials prior to attending the course.
- If you have any concerns re literacy please advise our staff at first point of contact.