How do I book / enrol in a course?
Bookings can be made by ringing 0417 839 742 or via our website www.redearthtrainingsolutions.com.au

How much does a courses cost?
All training course costs are upon application. Please refer to our Fees Schedule on www.redearthtrainingsolutions.com.au
For further information please contact us on 0417 839 742 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

To enable the participant to receive CITB funding for training cost reduction please apply online at www.citb.org.au prior to the training or assessment.  It is recommended if you have not used your CITB funding in the last 6 months that you contact CITB to ensure that it is still current.

If you have provided Red Earth Training Solutions (RETS) with a CITB number on enrolment or if RETS has checked your eligibility at the time of enrolment and on completion of training your CITB funding cannot be processed please be advised that you will be invoiced the full price. This amount MUST be paid in full before issuance of any Testamur, Statement of Attainment or Competency Card

How can payments be made?
Red Earth Training Solutions accepts Cash, Cheque, Eftpos, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Direct Debit or Money Order.  
Fees by Instalment can be arranged (conditions apply)

Where is Red Earth Training Solutions located?
Our Administration and Training facilities are located at 336 Diment Road, Burton SA 5110
A ‘lunch van’ visits the site twice daily, tea, coffee and water is available on site.

Is the training in groups?
RED EARTH TRAINING SOLUTIONS provide one machine per operator to allow the participant maximum time on machinery whilst training, with the exception of Forklift.

What do I need to bring?
Photo ID (drivers license, passport or Proof of Age Card) nonslip steel cap safety boots and appropriate work attire (long pants and long sleeve shirt)

Do I have to be over 18 to enrol in a course?
Machine assessments and  high risk courses require participants to be at least 18 years of age.
In relation to other courses please check the pre–requistites of the course on our website for any age restrictions.

What do I need to know before starting my training?
Please take the time to read the “Participants Handbook” on our website
How long will the assessment or training take?
The length of training will be determined by individual training needs, however “Assessments only” for machine tickets (excluding high risk) usually take 4 hours. All assessments and training course durations should be discussed with RETS staff prior to enrolling.

What if I need to cancel my booking?
Should you be unable to attend a training course you are required to inform RETS with no less than 2 business days’ notice.
RETS will reschedule the participant into the next course if the participant indicates they will not be able to attend.  

Am I eligible for CITB funding

If you are a Construction Worker:
1.    You will need to live in South Australia
2.    You will need to work in the building and construction industry for a minimum of 80% of your time.  Building and construction work is defined as the construction, erection, renovation, demolition or removal of a building, structure or civil works.  It does NOT include maintenance, servicing or installation work conducted on existing buildings, structures or civil works.

You will need a current Drivers Licence together with your or your Employer's ABN and/or Builders Licence Numbers available, together with all your personal details.

How do I obtain a CITB Number?
Check on the CITB website to see if you are eligible and apply online.

What if I fail my assessment / course ?
For machine assessments if you are deemed Competency Not Achieved (CNA) then you will need to wait 7 days before you can re sit another assessment. There must be a minimum of 7 days (one week) between a fail and a re-assessment regardless of who reassesses you.

By law you cannot fail an assessment at one RTO then be assessed for the same license at another RTO the next week.

How do I obtain a replacement Testamur, Statement of Attainment or Competency Card?
Statement of Attainment and Competency Cards previously issued by Red Earth Training Solutions will attract a fee of $30.00 and will only be produced when a Statutory Declaration Replacement Award Form has been completed and payment has been made.

If your Award has been issued by another RTO and you require a Credit Transfer (for an identical unit of competency) or undertake a Recognition of Prior Learning

Please state your full legal name on your enrolment form as most State and Territory licensing boards require legal names on qualifications.

A statutory declaration must be completed and witnessed by a JP or Police Officer then sent with a cheque or money order to : Red Earth Training Solutions: PO Box 79  Unley SA 5061
For further information please phone 0417 839 742

What if I have special needs?
Please notify the Red Earth Training Solutions staff if you have any special needs or requirements.  
Trainees must have sound English literacy able to communicate to a level necessary to perform their duties safely.

What do I do if I have a complaint?
Red Earth Training Solution (RETS) has a Complaints and Appeals Policy and Procedure aimed at resolving any issues you may have in relation to your training program including the results of any assessment. Any participant who raises a grievance, objection or complaint in regard to any issue relating to their training may do so in the first instance to the Quality and Compliance Manager and furthermore to the Chief Executive Officer, Rodger Carr
If the issue requires further adjudicating this can be directed to the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) and complete the following form “complaint about a training organisation under ASQA’s jurisdiction” by going to the following web address: http://www.asqa.gov.au/forms.html#complaintforms

Can I access my records?
Yes, a request in writing to the RETS Director or a request in person to RETS staff; be prepared to provide personal identification in the form of Photo ID (eg Drivers License) for verification purposes, when / if requested.

Are your qualifications Nationally accredited?
High Risk Courses and qualifications are nationally accredited and approved by ASQA (Australian Skills Quality Authority).
Load shifting and non load-shifting machine training and assessments are conducted to state competency requirements.